This podcast focusses on the role that employee networks and resource groups have in helping individuals, to build inner confidence and resilience at work following a diagnosis of ill health or having a newly acquired disability.
Personal development expert, podcaster and Disability and Diversity Consultant Phil Friend chats with John Brady a Senior Customer Journey Manager and co-chair of 'Enable', the disability network at RBS, which has over 1000 members.
John has been involved in disability workplace issues for several years, after learning how to manage chronic Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) alongside a busy career. John understands how a diagnosis can change perceptions and he enjoys mentoring and supporting other people with disabilities. His wife Susan has Multiple Sclerosis. Phil and John will talk about:
- The approach to running and supporting a network at RBS
- John's personal story of building inner confidence as an employee managing a health condition at work
- Common experiences shared by disabled employees as they learn how to build inner confidence
- The business impacts that come from people learning to become more confident in talking about aspects of their life
The podcast is perfect if you:
- Are starting to think about the process of developing inner confidence and the role / opportunity of networks / resource groups to support that
- Want to examine the key ways of developing inner confidence – personally, as well as some of the things that employers are doing to provide a safe space for personal development
- Would like an introduction to our Purple Confidence pilot toolkit supported by Microlink.
Keeping It Real: Podcast Transcript(230.78kB)