One of the most powerful tools we have as network leaders, allies and champions is the personal story. Delivered well, and accurately, stories can change the world.
But how far has it been possible to deliver the story of disabled employees in a way that drives cultural change?
This month we kick off with a podcast with Kate Nash being interviewed by Podcaster and Disability and Diversity Consultant Simon Minty who asks Kate:
- What are the individual benefits and impact of telling your story of disability at work?
- What are the business impacts that come from people being more open about aspects of their life that we are seeing at PurpleSpace?
- Is there a danger of a backlash? With social media does the quantity of stories dilute the impact?
- Why is it so important that the PurpleSpace community build the “authentic” campaigns?
- Why is it important for future generations?
The podcast is perfect if you:
- Need some convincing that story-telling has a role in cultural change;
- You are thinking about how you build a business case for a story-telling campaign;
- You’re facing some internal resisters to share stories of disability and you need some inspiration about how to get around these obstacles.
Go to the bottom of the page for a short video from Kate about the podcast
Listen to the full 'The Untold Story of Disability: Podcast'
This PurpleSpace podcast is freely available from 1st January 2019 and the transcript of 'The Untold Story of Disability: Podcast' is available at the bottom of the page.
For members who want to chat things through in more depth book yourself on a Power Hour session with Sarah Simcoe.
Interested in membership as a result of listening? Email firstname.lastname@example.org