This month sees the second of our new Member Zone Chats (MZChat) led in rotation, by one of the PurpleSpace Ambassadors.
In this Member Zone Chat, Andy Garrett from GSK leads our discussion with the question, “How do we lead from the edge?”
The most successful network / resource group leaders lead from the edge. They understand the context and the challenges of navigating disability and ill health in ways most other colleagues don’t. They understand that it’s not only important to improve organisational confidence at the ‘macro’ level but it’s important to support individuals to build inner confidence and resilience.
These hour-long conversations will be where we encourage you, as members, to come together to share, discuss and learn from each other – which is at the heart of what we do at PurpleSpace – leading a community of remarkable change-agents building disability confidence from the inside out.
To make this really impactful and powerful we’re going to focus the conversation around five questions. If you’ve ever taken part in #AXSChat on Twitter then you’ll be familiar with this approach.
Here are the five questions for this month’s theme:
- What are the key skills required to lead a high-performing employee network / resource group?
- What is your one self-limiting behaviour that gets in the way of your role as leader?
- As you look at the leadership styles of others, what can you learn from them that you could usefully apply?
- What one thing might you chose to do differently as you get into the year ahead?
- Which of the resources have you found most valuable this month and why?
So, whether you are a network / resource group leader, senior champion, ally and / or diversity and inclusion professional, make a note in your diary to join the live chat or drop in afterwards to add a comment.
How to join
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone at 16:00 on Monday 25th February and join the conversation.