This month sees the third of our new Member Zone Chats (MZChat) led in rotation, by one of the PurpleSpace Ambassadors.
In this Member Zone Chat, Tulsi Patel, Nationwide, pictured above leads our discussion with the question, “How do we create a high-performing network / resource group?”
In the work we do with over 400 members in the Member Zone we know that the most successful network / resource groups are those that:
- Work to a higher-purpose
- Are systematic in how they set themselves up
- Work hand-in-glove with the diversity & inclusion team
- Have a supportive executive sponsor / champion
- Have a committed team of volunteers
These hour-long conversations will be where we encourage you, as members, to come together to share, discuss and learn from each other – which is at the heart of what we do at PurpleSpace – leading a community of remarkable change-agents building disability confidence from the inside out.
To make this really impactful and powerful we’re going to focus the conversation around five questions. If you’ve ever taken part in #AXSChat on Twitter then you’ll be familiar with this approach:
Here are the four questions for this month’s theme:
- Why do you choose to lead an in-house disability network / resource group?
- How do you stay focused around an achievable annual plan?
- If you had a magic wand, what would you change about your existing governance structure and why?
- How do you help the volunteers around you to feel motivated?
So, whether you are a network / resource group leader, senior champion, ally and / or diversity and inclusion professional, make a note in your diary to join the live chat or drop in afterwards to add a comment.
How to join
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone at 16:00 on Monday 25th March and join the conversation.