How do you build a state-of-the art network / resource group? And how can you connect with your peers in other organisations to expand your professional network?
‘Networkology’ is the word we use to describe the ‘art & science’ of creating high-performing disability networks / resource groups.
We now have 12 free places to give away for this one-day workshop generously hosted by DVLA in Swansea – join in and access all the ‘know-how’ required to build the mini eco-systems required for cultural change and improved business performance.
“Disability employee networks and reference groups are the greatest resource an organisation can access to promote and drive sustainable inclusion. Kate and PurpleSpace are the absolute leaders in "building disability confidence from the inside out”. We’re delighted to support a PurpleSpace event in Wales as we know what a fantastic opportunity this is for organisations to learn from the best possible source.” Julian John, Delsion
“We are delighted to be hosting the first PurpleSpace Networkology Foundation Workshop in Wales. For several years we have seen how our Ability Group has supported the DVLA to become a Disability Confident Leader organisation and we are keen to bring other disabled employee networks together and to help network leaders learn from one another. We look forward to welcoming you and taking part.” Andrew Falvey, Commercial Director & Ability Champion, DVLA
At this workshop you will access all of our Networkology “course prospectus”. We will cover a lot of ground in an engaging way including:
- How you can make the business case for network / resource group investment
- How to create the right governance & structure
- How to recruit and engage volunteers
- How to secure an executive sponsor / champion and work with them successfully
- How to create purposeful, realistic objectives and measure performance over time
- How to brand your network
- How to build imaginative internal story-telling campaigns
- Want to support your organisation to deliver confidence training
- Want to support your organisation to improve the workplace adjustment process
- Learn from the work of others
The workshop is perfect if you:
- Want to think about how you might get a network / resource group off the ground;
- Get back to basics in how to run a high-performing network / resource group;
- Want to meet others running networks / resource groups in order to expand your professional network;
- Need some inspiration from the PurpleSpace team and your peers in other organisations.
How to book
This workshop is free to members and non-members alike.
PurpleSpace members please login to the Member Zone to book. If you have any specific accessibility requirements please add a note to the booking.
If you are not a member and would like a place, please email the CEO office: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on how to join our community then email email@example.com.