This month sees the fifth of our monthly Member Zone Chats led by PurpleSpace Ambassador Ambassador Paul Willgoss, pictured above.
Paul will lead our discussion with the question, “How does a network / resource group know when it is ‘in flow’ with the diversity & inclusion team?”
Why focus on partnership working?
Driving cultural change requires many efforts from many parts of an organisation and its important that everyone sings from the same song sheet. We often refer to how the magic happens when the network / resource groups, together with the diversity & inclusion (D&I) team are ‘in flow’.
These hour-long conversations are where we encourage you, as members, to come together to share, discuss and learn from each other – which is at the heart of what we do at PurpleSpace – leading a community of remarkable change-agents building disability confidence from the inside out.
To make this really impactful and powerful we focus the conversation around five questions.
Here are the four questions for this month’s theme:
- What are the basic principles when building a great working relationship with your D&I team?
- What ways can you demonstrate the reach and impact of the network / resource group?
- What “check points” should you build into the work programmes between the organisation’s diversity and inclusion objectives and that of the network / resource group?
- How do you make sure you are not duplicating efforts or stepping on people’s toes?
So, whether you are a network / resource group leader, senior champion, ally and / or diversity and inclusion professional, make a note in your diary to join the live chat or drop in afterwards to add a comment.
How to join
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone at 16:00 BST on Tuesday 28th May and join the conversation.
Some tips for taking part
- You can stay for the full hour or just drop in to say hello
- If you are new to online chats you are welcome to login and just follow the conversation to begin with
- The PurpleSpace team are on hand to provide technical support during the chat
- We always share the questions for discussion in advance so you can think about what you might like to say
- We are continually working to improve the accessibility of the chats and we welcome your feedback on how we make them even easier to use
- If you are unable join on the day but have a burning question for the community email us at email@example.com and we will do our best to include it in the next discussion.