This month sees the sixth of our monthly Member Zone Chats (MZChat) led in rotation, by one of the PurpleSpace Ambassadors. In this Member Zone Chat Andy Kneen of Shell, will lead our discussion with the question, “How do you position your executive sponsor / champion as a key customer, and why?”
Why focus on executive sponsors / champions?
There is more and more emphasis being placed on the need for organisations to tackle disability inclusion systemically, and systematically. That can often only happen when a network / resource group works closely with a senior champion as well as finding ways to build a broad network of allies across the organisation. But how can you really mine the opportunity of having the network and / or disability strategy being supported by a senior sponsor or champion. How and why should you position them as key customer?
These hour-long conversations are where we encourage you, as members, to come together to share, discuss and learn from each other – which is at the heart of what we do at PurpleSpace – leading a community of remarkable change-agents building disability confidence from the inside out.
To make this really impactful and powerful we focus the conversation around the following questions.
Here are the four questions for this month’s theme:
- What makes a great Champion / Senior Sponsor?
- How can you position your Champion / Senior Sponsor as a key ‘customer’ in the work you do?
- What do you need to do differently or better to maintain their interest and enthusiasm?
- How can you ‘speak truth to power’ within the limitations of your role?
So, whether you are a network / resource group leader, senior champion, ally and / or diversity and inclusion professional, make a note in your diary to join the live chat or drop in afterwards to add a comment.
How to join
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone at 16:00 BST on Monday 24th June and join the conversation.
Some tips for taking part
- You can stay for the full hour or just drop in to say hello
- If you are new to online chats you are welcome to login and just follow the conversation to begin with
- The PurpleSpace team are on hand to provide technical support during the chat
- We always share the questions for discussion in advance so you can think about what you might like to say
- We are continually working to improve the accessibility of the chats and we welcome your feedback on how we make them even easier to use
- If you are unable join on the day but have a burning question for the community email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to include it in the next discussion.