In this Member Zone Chat we will look at the role of data collection. Ambassador Andy Kneen of Shell will be joined by our guest speaker Disability Consultant and Change Agent Graeme Whippy MBE, to co-lead the discussion with the question: 'How possible is it to get accurate data when it comes to disability?
Over the last 20 years, there’s been a growing appreciation that diversity in the workplace is a societal and business imperative. Today, it’s rare to find an employer who doesn’t want to understand the makeup of its workforce and then take steps to ensure that it is representative of the society in which it operates. And in some sectors, there is regulatory ‘encouragement’ on knowing the percentages and having targets.
But how possible is it to get accurate data when it comes to disability?
These hour-long conversations will be where we encourage you, as members, to come together to share, discuss and learn from each other – which is at the heart of what we do at PurpleSpace – leading a community of remarkable change-agents building disability confidence from the inside out.
To make this really impactful and powerful we focus the conversation around the following questions. If you’ve ever taken part in #AXSChat on Twitter then you’ll be familiar with this approach:
Here are the four questions for this month’s theme:
- Why is it hard to collect accurate data when it comes to disability?
- How do you help your organisation to look “beyond the number”?
- Should you measure the numbers of adjustments delivered, the growth in the network, engagement levels instead or as well?
- What roles do anonymous surveys and exit interviews have?
So, whether you are a network / resource group leader, senior champion, ally and / or diversity and inclusion professional, make a note in your diary to join the live chat or drop in afterwards to add a comment.
How to join
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone at 16:00 on Monday 25th November and join the conversation.
Some tips for taking part
- You can stay for the full hour or just drop in to say hello
- If you are new to online chats you are welcome to login and just follow the conversation to begin with
- The PurpleSpace team are on hand to provide technical support during the chat
- We always share the questions for discussion in advance so you can think about what you might like to say
- We are continually working to improve the accessibility of the chats and we welcome your feedback on how we make them even easier to use
- If you are unable join on the day but have a burning question for the community email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to include it in the next discussion.