On 30 April 2019 NHS Employers will be holding their fourth Disability Summit which will celebrate the launch of the new Workforce Disability Equality Standard (WDES) and seek to galvanise action around issues affecting staff with disabilities across the NHS.
Our CEO Kate Nash OBE is delighted to be returning to co-host the summit alongside Dr Ian McPherson, to help NHS Employers to mobilise the power of their disabled employee networks and resource groups.
At PurpleSpace, we believe it is vital that both employers and staff build inner disability confidence in order to truly influence change on disability. 'Building Inner Confidence' is our membership theme for April and NHS Employers epitomise what can happen when your organisation learns how to build inner disability confidence from the lived experience of disabled staff.
We are proud to include the following NHS organisations amongst our membership here at PurpleSpace:
- Berkshire Healthcare National Health Service Foundation Trust
- Central North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Digital
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
We look forward to seeing our members, other NHS organisations leading great staff networks and other delegates on the day.
Speakers will include:
- Dr Hannah Barham-Brown – disabled doctor, advocate, Tedxspeaker, profiled in the Shaw Trust Disabled Power 100 List 2018
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust Disability Staff Network
- East Kent Hospitals Disabled Staff Council
- Dorset Healthcare Hidden Talents Group
Benefits of attending:
- Access the latest information on the WDES and national policy initiatives such as Disability Confident and the Learning Disability Employment Programme.
- Hear the voices of people with a range of disabilities, learn about their experiences of working within the health and social care sector.
- Gain insights on good practice in the field of employing people with disabilities and access practical solutions to take back to your organisation.
- Improve your confidence and understanding of the inequalities and challenges faced by people with disabilities working within the NHS.
- Be part of an engaging and inspiring event with lots of opportunities to make useful connections.
Cost and bookings
- £149 per person + VAT for NHS Confederation members
- £199 per person + VAT for non-members