Earlier this year, we watched history being made as disability inclusion was placed firmly on the global business agenda at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos. PurpleSpace are expert partners of the #Valuable500 campaign – a movement which pledges to get 500 global organisations to commit to inclusive business in 365 days.
So what does that mean for business leaders and senior disability champions and executive sponsors? What should they expect from networks / resource groups as they turn to them wanting to understand the lived experience of disabled people? How can both champions and network leaders position each other as ‘key customer’ in the quest for cultural change?
As we draw to a close on this month’s theme ‘Working with senior champions and creating allies’ we bring together network leaders and senior champions to explore the opportunities they have to drive change as powerful allies.
We are delighted to announce our panellists for the evening, Sir Philip Rutnam, Permanent Secretary at the Home Office and Civil Service Disability Champion, Martin Taylor, Chief Operating Officer at BAE Systems – Air and Vandana Siney, Global Chief Controls Officer at Barclays whom we ask:
- What drives you to lead disability cultural change?
- What do you need and expect from your networks / resource groups?
- What frustrates you the most?
- What is the one core skill, piece of knowledge and inner attitude that you draw on the most in the quest to build cultural change?
During the event we will also unveil our new 'Purple Champions Leadership Framework' being co-produced by Iain Wilkie, ex partner at EY and leader of 50 Million Voices, a new global campaign to bring together leaders who stutter.
The networking event is perfect if you:
- Want to have some ‘down-time’ with your own senior champion and learn together at the same event;
- Are keen to hear of the experiences of senior business leaders and what drives them;
- You want to network with fellow network leaders.
How to book'
This event is free to all PurpleSpace members. Just login to the PurpleSpace Member Zone to book. And if you want to bring a 'Plus One' senior champion let us know.
If you have any specific accessibility requirements please add a note to the booking. If you are not a member and would like to drop by to meet us before deciding whether to join our community then email firstname.lastname@example.org.