This month it’s all about coaching. When you are creating a high-performing network / resource group you are often in the business of coaching others to use their skills and experience to deliver different projects and initiatives.
But it’s not easy is it? Not only are they ‘volunteering’ so are you!
This month we kick off with a podcast with Kay Allen OBE. Kay is experienced coach, with over 25 years experience operating at board level in an executive and non-executive capacity within large complex organisations.Kay has significant experience in leading transformational change that has delivered improved performance and results.
Kay has worked for B&Q, BSKYB, Royal Mail. She has been a Commissioner on the Disability Rights Commission and the Equality and Human Rights Commission and has run her own successful consultancy for 10 years specialising in Responsible Business and Diversity and Inclusion.
Podcaster and Disability and Diversity Consultant Phil Friend will ask Kay:
- What are the nine basic elements of coaching?
- How can network / resource group leaders use these principles in the work they do to drive cultural change?
- What enjoyment to you get from coaching others to perform well?
The podcast is perfect if you:
- Want a bit of support about what you can do to support others;
- Are looking for some hints and tips about getting the best from your volunteers;
- Want some inspiration from an experienced coach about how to help others to focus, focus, focus.
This PurpleSpace podcast is available to members from 1st September 2019.
For a summary of the ideas, the new PurpleSpace resource 'Coaching: the basics' will be drawn from the podcast.