During August we take a break from our key Networkology topics to shine the spotlight on social media. Without a doubt social media has been one of the most important tools in building our community of disability change agents and in sparking and driving the PurpleLightUp movement.
This podcast is designed to showcase the value of social media as a tool for driving cultural change on disability both internally and externally.
PurpleSpace CEO Kate Nash OBE chats to members Lorna Woodman, Network co-chair for Buddy Network at M&S, Lydia Warren, Network co-chair BartsAbility - Disability sub-group at Barts Health NHS Trust and Vanessa Hardy, Communications and Marketing Manager at PurpleSpace.
During the conversation we touch upon:
- The increase in disabled employees / networks / resource groups using social media
- The social media platforms most used by our community
- Ideas type of content that promotes greatest engagement
- Benefits of involving champions and executive sponsors
- Tips for overcoming barriers