With a lifetime of human rights campaigning behind them, these two fellow travellers meet on Zoom for a very special, live 20-minute conversation.
John Amaechi OBE – nicknamed the ‘Everyday Jedi’ – is known around the world for many reasons: he is a respected organisational psychologist, best-selling New York Times author, sought after public speaker, executive coach and CEO of APS Ltd. He is a non-executive director of a £2.4bn healthcare organisation, in addition to being a board advisor for several FTSE100 organisations. John is a Chartered Scientist, a Chartered Fellow of the CIPD, a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health and a Research Fellow at the University of East London. He is also the first Briton to have had a career in the NBA. In 2019, John was recognised as one of HR’s most influential thinkers by HR Magazine.
Since the tragic death of George Floyd in May 2020, John has featured in numerous TV shows to stress how now is the time for us all to take a stand and do our bit to fight racism.
Together, Kate and John will discuss:
- What people need to do to ‘rise’ to be their best self at work.
- How to find the courage to ask questions about what you need from those around you.
- How employers are responding to the needs of disabled employees as lockdown restrictions are relaxed.
- What disabled employees have learnt about themselves, and their employers, during the pandemic.
- What disabled employees can learn from other people and movements in how they bring their authentic selves to work.
- The reasons why #PurpleLightUp is becoming a global movement for change.
This conversation is perfect if you:
- Are seeking some fresh inspiration to help you encourage your members to retain their career ambition and their resilience during uncertain times.
- Would like to trigger better conversations in your workplace about career development opportunities for disabled employees.
- Wish to hear new and insightful perspectives on issues close to your heart or the hearts of your people in a 20-minute bite size chunk.
Book your place now. Captions will be available during the webinar. The webinar will be recorded and made available as an open resource on YouTube and in the PurpleSpace Member Zone.
Interested in hearing more about PurpleSpace and how we change the world? Contact Ed on email@example.com