The #PurpleLightUp reference group meetings are a time-lined series of meetings to support members to make best use of the UN International Day of Persons with Disability on 3rd December each year. Meetings are held in September, October and November during the run up to the “big day” in order to hear of member plans, share best practice and create alignment.
PurpleSpace will again lead from the front in taking #PurpleLightUp (#PLU) into its fourth year. As a mark of respect to the UN International Day of Persons with Disability on 3rd December each year we bring together ERGs / Networks around the world, together with their allies and senior champions. Together we celebrate the economic contribution of disabled employees – and this year we expect to reach all corners of the globe in our new super-charged digital era.
To support our members to share ideas the #PurpleLightUp Reference Group is an open meeting for any member wanting to keep appraised of how others use the day to stimulate and accelerate cultural change through the positive celebration of purple talent around the world. They are a great source of ideas for those taking part in #PLU for the first time.
The #PLU Reference Group is chaired by Andy Kneen, VP HR Talent Upstream, Shell, and long-term Ambassador at PurpleSpace.
During the meetings we:
- Remind members about the ‘higher purpose’ of #PurpleLightUp and what it means to get involved
- Share member experiences as to what works in using #PurpleLightUp on 3rd December to stimulate, sustain and develop cultural change
- Provide an update about the activities PurpleSpace are engaged with, and how to get involved
- Hear from members and partners talking part in #PLU, their plans and the impact they want to make
- Take questions or observations you may have about #PLU and how we can ensure a successful movement
- Examine the impact #PLU has on business plans and performance
Meetings are held using Zoom and last for approximately 60 minutes.
Any member of PurpleSpace may attend these meetings. We offer short slots for members to share past experiences as well as offer their emerging ideas about what they are planning for 2020.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org