The term 'intersectionality' is a bit of a mouthful. The academics will tell us that it is meant to describe the overlap of various social identities, such as race, gender, sexuality, disability, class, faith etc. And it's about those things that contribute to systemic oppression and discrimination experienced by an individual. And that people's identities cannot be examined separately from one another.
But what has this got to do with heading up an employee network / resource group? And is it necessary to take account of our multiple identities when wanting to build disability confidence?
In July we will take a look at the opportunities that different networks / resource groups have for collaboration - and how some organisations are making it easier for networks / resource groups to work together and the positive practical outputs that follow as a result.
- Explore the importance of internal networks / resource groups working together
- Share some good examples of how networks / resource groups are working with their other internal networks / resource groups
- Offer some examples of core topics that work well without you losing sight of your core audience
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
One of the PurpleSpace Ambassadors will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "How do we build partnerships with other in-house networks / resource groups?"
During the month you will have the opportunity to listen to a new webcast called 'Our Multiple Identities at Work' where we will hear some best practice examples from our members.
We also launch some more case-studies of how our members are working with other networks / resource groups and their top tips on how to get it right.
This month's external Resource Review will focus on networks working together as Sally Ward reviews a relevant external resource and as usual we will have our monthly 'Spotlight On...' interview by writer Jim Pollard - get in touch if you would like to be interviewed as part of our series.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on Monday 27th July for our MZChat. Join in the discussion convened by one of our Ambassadors, to share learning and offer your own top tips to other members.
The four questions we will ask are:
- What are the ways in which networks / resource groups can work with each other?
- Where is the good practice from the PurpleSpace community?
- What outcomes can result in working together?
- What would you like to achieve by working with other in-house networks / resource groups?
Finally, if you need a bit of one-to-one support on this or any other Networkology Leadership Theme, book yourself a Virtual Coaching session on Monday 20th July 2020 with one of our senior consultants.
All dates listed may be subject to change. The most up-to-date details will be available in August 2019.
Find the space to build disability confidence from the inside out. PurpleSpace.