Around one in five of adults have a disability of some kind.
Business leaders and champions ask themselves:
- Can we afford to miss out on the custom of over 1.1 billion disabled people around the globe?
- How should they exercise their leadership?
- What evidence do we have that focusing on disability makes great business sense for us all?
Since the launch of #Valuable500, CEO's are increasingly turning to their senior disability champion to work out the key priorities. They in turn look to their network / resource group leaders. So, this month we look at the opportunity that network leaders have to seed and feed their senior champion with key information. And we help members to think about the options available to build allies across the organisation.
- Shine a light on good practice between a network / resource group and the senior sponsor / champion
- Help members to use the PurpleSpace champion / senior sponsor competency framework
- Help members think about how to get more support from their senior sponsor / champion
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
One of our PurpleSpace Ambassadors will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "How does a Champion / Executive Sponsor best use their sphere of influence?"
We will launch edition two of 'Disability Vanguard', our Champion Leadership Competency Framework for champions / senior sponsors through the lens of network / resource group leaders.
On Thursday 25th June 2020 we will convene an evening networking reception In London, UK 'Driving Change From The Top' where we bring together three senior champions to offer up tips to network leaders in how to attract their interest and keep them informed.
This month's external Resource Review will focus on the role of champions as Sally Ward reviews a relevant external resource and as usual we will have our monthly 'Spotlight On...' interview by writer Jim Pollard - get in touch if you would like to be interviewed as part of our series.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on Monday 29th June 2020 for our MZChat. Join in the conversation led by one of our PurpleSpace Ambassadors, to share learning and offer your own top tips to other members.
The four questions we will ask are:
- What makes a great Champion / Senior Sponsor?
- How can you position your Champion / Senior Sponsor as a key 'customer' in the work you do?
- What do you need to do differently or better to maintain their interest and enthusiasm?
- How can you 'speak truth to power' within the limitations of your role?
All dates listed may be subject to change. The most up-to-date details will be available in August 2019.
Find the space to build disability confidence from the inside out. PurpleSpace.