Driving cultural change requires many efforts from many parts of an organisation and its important that everyone sings from the same song sheet. We often refer to how the magic happens when the network / resource groups together with the diversity and inclusion team are "in flow".
This month we deep-dive into three of the best examples from amongst our membership as to how networks / resource groups can get "in flow."
- Shine a light on good practice between a network / resource group strategy & the diversity and inclusion strategy and see what good looks like
- Highlight the pivotal role that a network / resource group can play in helping an organisation to learn from its own people
- Encourage network leaders to make the connections they need to improve their strategy
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
One of our newest PurpleSpace Ambassadors Paul Willgoss, will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, 'How does a network / resource group know when it is 'in flow' with the diversity and inclusion team?'
Our podcast for May is called: 'When the stars align' - with Tobi Collett, Head of HR, EMEA, Allegis Global Solutions interviewed by podcaster and Disability and Diversity Consultant Phil Friend about how the network and diversity and inclusion team work together to drive cultural change.
On 23rd May we will host 'Working Hand in Glove' a webinar with Tobi Collett, Allegis Global Solutions and Movell Dash, Financial Conduct Authority where we will discuss how employee networks # resource groups and diversity and inclusion team can work hand in glove to deliver powerful results.
We also launch 'The Magic Trio' a briefing of good practice in how to work in partnership with your senior sponsor / champion.
In this month's external resource review PurpleSpace Consultant Sally Ward shares her thoughts on the book, Inclusive Leadership by Charlotte Sweeney and Fleur Bothwick.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on Tuesday 28th May for our MZChat - get yourself a cup of tea and join in the conversation led by PurpleSpace Ambassador Paul Willgoss, to share learning and offer your top tips to other members.
The four questions that Paul will raise for discussion are:
- What are the basic principles when building a great working relationship with your diversity and inclusion team?
- What ways can you demonstrate the reach and impact of the network / resource group?
- What "check points" should you build into the work programmes between the organisation's diversity and inclusion objectives and that of the network / resource group?
- How do you make sure you are not duplicating efforts or stepping on peoples' toes?
And don't forget if you are looking for advice about how to use the Purple Passport as a tool in your organisation we will be covering that during the 'Networkology - Part Two' workshop being held on 15th October 2019.
If you are new to the world of PurpleSpace and Networkology, come and join our Purple Pointer webinar on 14th May 2019 - Jo Hussey, Membership Engagement and Events Manager and Tulsi Patel, Nationwide, PurpleSpace Ambassador describe the range of membership offerings that you can tap into.