We call the 'art and science' of running a high-performing disability network/resource group 'Networkology'. Our founder Kate Nash OBE invented the phrase over 10 years ago and for us, it sums up our core 'know-how'.
In March and October each year, we deliver our core learning prospectus through the Part One and Part Two programmes.
Both programmes will offer valuable know-how whether you are:
- Starting Out
- Stepping Up
- Thriving and Innovating
We actively encourage all our members to take part in a Part One and a Part Two programme.
In a Part One programme you will learn about:
- How to define your purpose, your 'wildly important goals' and tap into your higher purpose
- Options for your Network/resource group structure, planning, network/resource group design and subgroups
- Recruiting and engaging volunteers
- Measuring success and performance
- The value of thinking of the "Magic Trio" of change
In a Part Two programme you will learn about:
- Branding your network/resource group
- The value of story-telling campaigns
- The role of the network/resource group in helping to create a successful workplace adjustment process
- How you can help your disabled employees develop inner confidence
- The role of communication, newsletter and social media.
Both Part One and Part Two programmes will have something for everyone, wherever you are based and whatever sector or country you work in. The content is relevant if you have been running a network for years and looking for some fresh ideas, or a new network leader just starting out, or a diversity and inclusion specialist looking for a clear route-map to set up an in-house network/resource group.
- Help anchor your work and objectives by understanding the principles of delivering high-performing networks/resource groups
- Provide real-life examples of successful disabled employee networks/resource groups
- Offer some fresh ideas for you to try and encouragement to experiment
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
One of our PurpleSpace Ambassadors will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "How do you drive cultural change at the same time as do well in the 'day job'?"
The Part One and Part Two programmes will cover all the topics you need to deliver a high-performing disability network/resource group.
Remember, the two programmes are not sequential and you can sign up at any time. Members who complete both a Part One and Part Two programme will receive the PurpleSpace certificate in #Networkology.
This month's external Resource Review will focus on what is happening across the world as Sally Ward reviews a relevant external resource and as usual we will have our monthly ' Spotlight On...' interview by writer Jim Pollard - get in touch if you would like to be interviewed as part of our series.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on
Monday 26th October for our MZChat. Join in the conversation led by a PurpleSpace Ambassador, to share learning and offer your top tips to other members.
The four questions we will ask are:
- What are the core leadership skills required to drive cultural change?
- When you move on from the network, what will you want to have been known for?
- How do you define your network/resource group success criteria?
- What tips would you offer others about how to build engagement from volunteers, allies and senior champions?
All dates listed may be subject to change.
Find the space to build disability confidence from the inside out. PurpleSpace.