We call the 'art and science' of running a high-performing disability network / resource group 'Networkology'. Our founder Kate Nash invented the phrase over 10 years ago and for us it sums up our core delivery. This month we go through all the basics in running a successful network / resource group and we have something for everyone, wherever you are based and whatever sector you work in. So whether you have been running a network for years and looking for some fresh ideas, or a brand new network leader just starting out, tap into our offerings for the month ahead.
- Help anchor your work and objectives by understanding the principles of delivering high-performing networks / resource groups
- Provide real-life examples of successful disabled employee networks / resource groups
- Offer some fresh ideas for you to try and encouragement to experiment in your work
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
One of our Ambassadors will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "How do you create a high-performing network / resource group?"
During the month you will have the opportunity to attend one of our foundation workshops "Networkology Part Two". The two foundation workshops (the other delivered in March each year) cover all the topics you need to deliver a high-performing disability network / resource groups. They are not sequential - and tackle different subjects which we also take forward in the MZChat at the end of the month.
You can sign up at any time - delegates who complete both elements will receive the accompanying learning pack as well as a certificate in Networkology.
For those of you who cannot attend a workshop you can listen to our new Podcast "The A-Z of Networkology Part Two" where we will hear some best practice examples of running high-performing networks / resource groups from among our members.
This month's external resource review will focus on what we can learn from other people networks and our Development Consultant, Sally Ward will offer a must-read that covers the topic in a practical way with case studies.
And as usual we will have our monthly Spotlight On member interview by our writer Jim Pollard - get in touch if you would like to be interviewed as part of our series.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on Monday 28th October for our MZChat - get yourself a cup of tea and join in the discussion convened by one of our Ambassadors, to share learning and offer your own top tips to other members.
The five questions for discussion are:
- How have you built your network / resource group brand?
- What are the benefits of creating a 'story-telling' campaign?
- Where are the opportunities to support your organisation to deliver appropriate confidence-building training and support?
- How far should you go to support the organisation improve its workplace adjustment process?
- Which of the resources have you found most valuable this month and why?