We have been supporting #Valuable 500 movement since January 2019. It aims to put disability on the board agenda of 500 global organisations - they gave themselves a target of 365 days and as we go through the month we will find out how successful they have been.
PurpleSpace are proud expert partners of #Valuable500 movement and our unique perspective and insights into how disabled employee networks / resource groups can be stimulated, designed, shaped and supported creates benefits for both the employer and employee. This helps drive disability confident behaviours from the inside out and will be one of the key drivers for getting disability onto the board agenda.
So we kick off 2020 by focusing on how you can better support your own people to share their story of disability and mental ill health for personal and business impact and as usual we have lots of things to set you up for the year ahead.
- Offer insights about how business leaders are actively encouraging their people to share stories for business benefit
- Offer examples of disability story-telling campaigns across the world
- Get you excited by thinking about the things you can do to support cultural change through quality story telling in your network / resource group
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
David Caldwell, Founding Ambassador will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "What is similar about the experience of disability and ill health, across the globe, and how do we share that story to drive change?"
Our first webcast of 2020 is called 'When CEO's and senior business leaders tell stories' where our CEO Kate Nash OBE examines the way senior business leaders are now talking about their own story of disability and ill health and the impact that is having.
We also launch "Five best punchlines", a short briefing with our top five stories of living with disability or ill health that can help people think differently.
As usual we will offer you a review of an external resource which might help you in your work, introduce you to one of your fellow members through the Spotlight On series by Jim Pollard.
And to round the month up, we invite you to drop into our first Member Zone Chat (MZChat) between 16:00 - 17:00 on Monday 27th January 2020. Join in the conversation led by PurpleSpace Ambassador, David Caldwell, to share learning and offer your top tips to other members.
His invitation is 'Where are the drivers coming from in the global disability story-telling movement?'
The four questions we will ask are:
- What do you see as the value of 'storytelling' as a network / resource group tool?
- Is the experience of disability and ill health the same across the globe?
- What tips would you offer a new network / resource group leader looking to create a story-telling campaign?
- How do you describe the benefits of sharing your story to disabled colleagues?
Finally, if you need a bit of one-to-one support on this or any other #Networkology Leadership Theme, book yourself a Virtual Coaching session on Monday 20th January 2020 with senior consultant Sarah Simcoe.
All dates listed may be subject to change. The most up-to-date details will be available in August 2019.
Find the space to build disability confidence from the inside out. PurpleSpace.