We call the 'art and science' of running a high-performing disability network / resource group 'Networkology'. Our founder Kate Nash invented the phrase over 10 years ago and for us it sums up our core delivery. This month we go through all the basics in running a successful network / resource group and we have something for everyone, wherever you are based and whatever sector you work in. So whether you have been running a network for years and looking for some fresh ideas, or a brand new network leader just starting out, tap into our offerings for the month ahead.
- Help anchor your work and objectives by understanding the principles of delivering high-performing networks / resource groups
- Provide real-life examples of successful disabled employee networks / resource groups
- Offer some fresh ideas for you to try and encouragement to experiment in your work
- Offer you the opportunity to engage with PurpleSpace Ambassadors and fellow members
What can you look forward to this month?
PurpleSpace Ambassador, Tulsi Patel will kick off the month for us with a welcome in the Member Zone - and pose the big question, "How do you create a high-performing network / resource group?"
During the month you will have the opportunity to attend one of our foundation workshops "Networkology Part One". We have one in London on 26th March kindly hosted by Herbert Smith Freehills and one in Swansea on 28th March kindly hosted by DVLA.
The two foundation workshops (the other delivered in October each year) cover all the topics you need to deliver a high-performing disability network / resource groups. They are not sequential - and tackle different subjects which we also take forward in the MZChat at the end of the month. You can sign up at any time - delegates who complete both elements will receive the accompanying learning pack as well as a certificate in Networkology.
For those of you who cannot attend a workshop you can listen to our new Podcast "The A-Z of Networkology Part One" with guest podcaster and Disability and Diversity Consultant Phil Friend talking to Tulsi Patel, Nationwide about best practice examples of running high-performing networks / resource groups from among our members.
This month's External Resource Review will focus on what we can learn from other people networks as Sally Ward reviews The Incredible Power of Staff Networks by Cherron Inko-Tariah.
And as usual we will have our monthly Spotlight On interview by writer Jim Pollard who has been chatting to Anne Power from Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust - get in touch if you would like to be interviewed as part of our series.
To round the month up we invite you to drop into the Member Zone between 16:00 - 17:00 on Monday 25th March for our MZChat - get yourself a cup of tea and join in conversation led by PurpleSpace Ambassador, Tulsi Patel, to share learning and offer your top tips to other members.
The four questions for discussion are:
- What simple governance structure works best for your organisation?
- In three bullet points, how would you describe the purpose of your network / resource group?
- How do you measure the performance of your network / resource group over time?
- What tips would you offer others about how to build engagement from volunteers, allies and senior champions?